Parental Consent for Minor’s Participation
Release and Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement
READ BEFORE SIGNING
FOR GOOD AND VALUABLE CONSIDERATION, including permission to participate in the North Little Rock Police Athletic League (NLRPAL) sports events and related activities, I, the parent/guardian of the minor ___________________________for myself and on behalf of the minor:
- Consent to the minor’s participation in the event or activity and agree that prior to the minor’s participation in each event or activity of the NLRPAL, I will inspect the facilities, equipment and areas to be used, and if either of us believe any of the them are unsafe, I will immediately advise the person supervising the event, activity, facility or area; and,
- Acknowledge that the minor and I fully understand that the minor’s participation may involve risk of serious injury or death, including economic losses which may result not only from my own actions, inactions, or negligence, but also from the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the condition of the facilities, equipment or areas where the event or activity is being conducted, the rules of play, or this type of event or activity; and,
- RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, and RELINQUISH NLRPAL, the North Little Rock Police Department (NLRPD), the City of North Little Rock, Arkansas, their owners, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers from any liability, loss, damage, claim, demand, or cause of action against them arising from or attributable to the minor’s participation in the event or activity, whether the same shall arise by their negligence or otherwise; and,
- Assume any and all risks of personal injuries to the minor, including medical or hospital bills, permanent or partial disability, death, and damage to my property, caused by or arising from the minor’s participation in this event or activity; and,
- Covenant not to sue or present any claim for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death for or on behalf of the minor the NLRPAL, NLRPD, the City of North Little Rock, and their officers, employees, agents, and volunteers attributable to the minor’s participation in the event or activity; and,
- Agree that photographs, pictures, slides, movies, or videos of the minor may be taken in connection with the minor’s participation in the event or activity without compensation and consent to the use of the photographs, pictures, slides, movies, or videos for any legal purpose; and,
- Warrant that the minor is in good health and has no physical condition that would prevent the minor from participation in the event or activity; and,
- Acknowledge that serious accidents or death can occur during athletic activities, and that participants in athletic activities occasionally sustain mortal or seriously personal injuries, or property damage, as a consequence thereof. Knowing the risk of athletic activities, nevertheless, I HEREBY AGREE TO ASSUME THEM on my behalf and on behalf of my child those risks and to RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS all of the persons or entities mentioned above who (through negligence or carelessness) might otherwise be liable to me or my child (or my heirs or assigns, or my child’s heirs or assigns) for damages.
THIS DOCUMENT RELIEVES NLRPAL, NLRPD, the CITY OF NORTH LITTLE ROCK, OWNERS, AGENTS, VOLUNTEERS, AND OTHERS FROM LIABILITY FROM PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE. I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY.
Download PDF copy of waiver: